What Are the Signs of Hair Loss?
Signs of hair loss and hair loss conditions vary between men, women and children. However, people of any age or sex may notice more hair collecting in their hairbrush or in the shower drain.
The signs of hair loss and hair conditions in men may include:
- Thinning hair on the scalp
- A receding hairline
- A horseshoe-shaped pattern that leaves the crown of the head exposed
Signs of hair loss and hair conditions in women may include:
- General hair thinning, especially at the crown of the head
- Signs of hair loss and hair conditions in children and young adults may include:
- Sudden loss of patches of hair
- Complete loss of all hair on the body
- Patches of broken hairs and incomplete hair loss on the scalp and/or eyebrows
- Excessive shedding of hair, but not complete baldness, after various illnesses and drug treatments, rapid weight loss, anemia, or stress.
sources from webmd.com